Which Backend Frameworks Are Impacting Mobile & Web App Development Immensely?
The unprecedented rise of smartphones has pushed almost all businesses to
invest in developing websites, web apps, and mobile apps. There are
billions of mobile phone users today, and companies need a prominent online presence
in this ever-changing world. A website and an app can make or break the deal
to generate more revenue on your investments. And the quality of your website
and mobile apps impacts the results. Thus, choosing the appropriate backend
frameworks for mobile and web app development is essential.
Frameworks are famous for developing rich and interactive web apps, websites,
and mobile apps. Many frameworks are available for creating the backend or the
server side of the web and mobile app development.
In this article, you’ll know what backend frameworks impact web and
mobile app development projects immensely. You’ll also find out which back-end
development frameworks are more popular. Let’s dive right in.
Key things to observe in this article:
- Frontend Versus Backend
- App Development Framework & its Key Features
- Types of App Development Frameworks
- 10 Backend Frameworks for 2022 Mobile & Web Apps
Difference between Frontend and Backend Development
From the developers’ perspective, the front end uses codes to make mobile apps
look pretty, whereas the back end involves writing codes to make the app work.
But there are a few things you need to know about both the app development
First, users install applications on a smartphone from the Play Store or App
Store are front-end apps – Instagram, Facebook, or even a simple Calculator
Each mobile app on your mobile phone is a front-end application. How is that
possible? It’s possible since frontend apps allow users to connect through
buttons, flips, etc. Because they work on smartphones, they are mobile apps
What is a Front-end Developer’s Job, Then?
Well! A front-end developer translates the app’s design into a code needed to
display it correctly on the web browser. Frontend developers are in high
demand because of the introduction of responsive web design.
The front-end developer needs to ensure the design supports all the latest
browsers and mobile platforms and that the web design is compatible with
computer resolutions and the browser’s widths.
On the other hand, the backend development, in layman’s language, involves an
extra app (a piece of software that runs on servers) for your mobile app.
Backend development powers the working of the main application.
Entities’ backend development involves:
Note: To access the backend of an app, you need the internet and an
Application Programming Interface (API).
A backend developer develops the required logic that ensures everything works
properly. The backend developer is also responsible for creating the mobile
app server connecting the website or mobile app’s content to the CMS (Content
As a web or mobile app designer, a backend developer converts the design and
front-end development process into the CMS setup. It gives the clients a
human-centric way to handle the app’s content. If the mobile app backend
architecture is simple, the clients may not have any control.
Hence, both extremes do not sound suitable for web or mobile app development.
Now that you know how frontend and app-backend frameworks differ, let’s dive
into learning what an app development framework is and what features make them
What is an App Development Framework?
An app development framework is a software tool that
facilitates and supports the development of other software applications like
web resources, services, web APIs, and mobile apps.
Such app development frameworks offer specific ways to form and install
software applications on the World Wide Web (WWW), PlayStore, or the App
With the help of libraries, frameworks mechanize the linked general activities
to develop an app.
For instance, frameworks consist of libraries for templating, database
access, and management of different sessions. They also frequently endorse the
reuse of the written code.
Key Features of all Mobile and Web App Development Backend Frameworks
- They provide the best control flow of the program and enable the developer to ‘hook into’ that flow to create something beautiful.
- User interface elements make it easy for the team of developers to customize in similar conducts.
- Incorporating app development frameworks helps app development teams to establish a strong network so that a project can get help in its completion from different minds.
- App development frameworks help accelerate the development of software applications.
- Frameworks are open-source libraries and tools written in programming languages like Java or Objective-C.
- The in-built quick development process
- Full-proof environment, etc.
- Frameworks render the app for the desired platform using the developer’s code and pre-built components like compilers, coding interfaces, debuggers, toolsets, etc.
Different types of App Development Backend Frameworks
Web application development frameworks
There are two primary web app development frameworks – server-side and client-
Such a web app development framework helps create landing, simple pages, and
forms of different kinds. They also help render output data while enhancing
security to save an organization from web attacks.
These web development frameworks can easily enhance and execute a new user
interface (UI). Client-side app development frameworks only deal with what
happens inside a web browser and have nothing to do with the business logic.
Client-side frontend development frameworks are famous for fabricating various
animated characteristics and single-page applications (SPAs ). Different
client-side frameworks work differently in terms of their usage and functions.
Mobile application development frameworks
Worldwide human behavior triggered by the explosion in technology innovations
has made it imperative to have a mobile or online presence for a business’s
It’s now essential to be a mobile-first company before the world. Only then
can businesses capture the imagination of the ever-increasing mobile society.
However, merely building and launching a product into the mobile app market
will not break the ice, so to succeed in a highly competitive mobile and web
app development market, you need –
Furthermore, if we talk about aesthetics and functionalities in an app, native
apps offer an unmatched experience. The only thing that makes investors
nervous is that native apps cost too much to build and maintain. And it’s
challenging to penetrate users with native apps. The solution is to develop a
web or progressive web app, hybrid or cross-platform mobile app if you’re on a
low budget. It’s possible by leveraging mobile app development frameworks.
10 Backend Frameworks that will transform mobile & web app development in 2022
Day by day, the increasing demand for backend frameworks for mobile & web
application development is becoming an undeniable part of the daily corporate
routine. Depending upon database flexibility & other admin-based
customizations, these high-level frameworks can simplify backend operations.
Written primarily for Python Developers, the DRY (DON’T REPEAT YOURSELF)
principle Django supports won’t let you reuse existing code modules at any
Use its backend customizations & scalable programs to create some mobile/
website applications that can cater to a large number of client requests at a
high development speed.
Its excellent REST API support allows different content management systems to
integrate, automate, and improve tasks of variable complexity. A few features
of Django are: –
- Highly robust & secure multifactor authentication
- Middleware services that simplify content management
- Flexible & seamless integration with 3rd party applications
- A risk-free community support
- A superb development documentation
sphere of the world. Being an unopinionated part of the MEAN & MERN stack, use
its hybrid app development flexibility for all user requests.
Make your business expressive with the POST, GET, DELETE, & PUT requests this
JS framework handles at higher flexibility.
Take a look at the features/ functionalities this assertive framework
intuitively entertains: –
- Same performance behavior for client & server side routing
- Middleware functions with higher response time
- Routable Debugging modules whose request flow logs info. better
- Extensive Utility templates
- HTTP methods that effortlessly reduce programming complexities
Its modularized framework comprises API services whose micro-versions know
very well about backend development. Learn to minimalize fault tolerance at
Even the active server pages of this advanced open-source framework run
smoothly on Linux, MacintoshOS, & Windows.
Build best-performing backend mobile & web versions of an application with
ASP.Net’s real-time functionalities mentioned beneath: –
- Automated version control for better code analysis
- Process thousands of Asynchronous APIs at no waiting time
- Standalone, executable containers
- Globalized Web sockets supporting developers at every phase of SDLC
Better call it a BEGINNER-FRIENDLY framework for all your Python code
dependencies. With its RESTful request dispatching, map upload, and amplifying
every object relation at secure cookies.
Acclaimed organizations like LinkedIn, Pinterest, Uber, & Mozilla use Flask
for creating large-scale & small-scale website applications.
These are strengths that lie within the customizable framework of Flutter: –
- Switch Web development essentials flexibly whenever required
- Client-side form validation
- Better tracking of external mobile development dependencies
- A comprehensive, universal encoding system that handles mixed backend scripts well
Designed to ease things for Golang professionals, such a lean & integrative
framework minimalizes backend overheads.
Manipulate, and verify technical particularities of rapid backend programming
with the low memory footprint of Fiber.
of its functionalities improve productivity at higher accuracy: –
- Multiple template engines so that efficiency issues fear you no more
- The low memory footprint for getting a better perspective on business logic
- A variety of middleware that establishes uniformity at the app’s interface
- Rate Limiter that limits requests to API endpoints
Also known in the market as Spring MVC, it offers many practical ways for
backend developers to take a quick escape from lazy initialization.
Besides, the production-ready environment SpringBoot uses for creating &
maintaining standalone applications focuses more on annotation.
These are some reasons that clarify SpringBoot helps eliminate backend
- A direct deployment is possible so that converting a backend project into war/ jar files doesn’t sound challenging.
- Microservice-based architecture that makes integration debugging & deployment easy.
- No more complex extensible markup configurations, as their practical testing capabilities are analyzed.
- An embedded Tomcat server keeps a bird’s eye on effective hosting.
It is an absolute and scalable server-side framework well-versed with every
in-and-out data manipulation, which iteratively rules out unprofessional app
Spotify, Twitter, & Udemy are using Laravel as their backend framework and
heading towards excellence with its elegant & expressive syntax.
Let’s get quickly started with knowing about Laravel features in short: –
- Its modern & secure CLI (Command Line Interface) works brilliantly even at low resolutions.
- A non–trivial database migration
- Extensive libraries & API support
- Intact and innovative security fulfilling every small & big business requirement
Ruby on Rails
A bug-free server-side framework written in Ruby whose coding conventions make
it debatable when developers customize its libraries to solve real-time
database management problems.
Moreover, the MVC architectural pattern it adheres to mechanizes SEO
friendliness of URLs for retrieving development resources better.
Solve any of the mobile or web application development challenges better with
the below-mentioned merits of Ruby on Rails: –
- It creates a visually appealing CRUD web interface in an auto-generated manner.
- High-quality localization
- Reliable & hassle-free testing support
- Symbol Garbage collector that manages well memory heaps
It is one of the most potent & easy-to-configure backend web frameworks
recommended by developers for most business ventures.
Moreover, its configuration templates ensure better performance, easing
Feel less stressed and, at the same time, highly efficient with the
programming capabilities Play possesses: –
- Stateless and web-friendly architecture
- Minimal CPU, memory, or thread consumption
- Asset Compiler for CoffeeScript, LESS, etc
- A supportive Play community
Concluding Backend Frameworks & Their Impact
Backend frameworks have empowered countless leading businesses to ensure
optimal app development performance & web scalability. Being a hot debatable
topic of discussion due to a variety of its advantages & disadvantages,
hosting, creating, developing, or deploying a testable backend application
emerges differently with time.
Utilizing the straightforward and easily understood coding conventions will
impact your business processes so that finding a great way to save time and
money as per the market convenience doesn’t seem tricky. Let the
responsiveness of any of the backend mentioned above frameworks Ruby on Rails,
Fiber, Play, SpringBoot, and so on, provide complete SDLC support so your
business can flourish well in various market standards.
web app development
- Mobile App Development (624)